Dr. J.Venkata Satya Narayana
(Download the bio-data)
Designation: Associate Professor
Date of Birth:27-10-67
Date of Joining:28-10-03
Research Interests: Preparation and characterization of Futuristic newglass/crystalline/powder nano materials for their potential applications in Solid State ionic devices, optical Communication and the areas of electronics and allied fields. Glasses with antibacterial properties for biomedical applications (i.e. developments in Biocompatible glass compositions).
1988 B.Sc., Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
1990 M.Sc., Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
1993 M.Phil., Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
1995 PhD., Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
1994 Diploma in Systems Management, NIIT, Tirupati
Teaching Experience: 19 Years
Research Expereince:10 Years
Industry Experience: 2 Years
Phones: +91 8632288254 Ext: 281
No. of Papers Presented in Conferences:
No. of Papers published in Journals:
UGC Projects Under Taken:ONE Minor Research Project (1998 - 2000) entitled Spectroscopic and Non-linearity properties of certain laser Glasses
M.Sc., Projects Guided: 2
Present research work: Preparation and characterization (Optical properties) of Various glasses doped with rare - earth ions.
- Photoluminescence Spectra of Sm3+ & Dy3+ doped Fluoroborate Glasses Ferroelectric Letters Section 15 (1993) 73.
- Non - linearity elastic properties and lifetimes of lasing transitions (4F3/2 -> 4F11/2 ) of Nd3+ doped Semiconducting Glasses.J. Alloys and Compounds 216 (1994) 281.
- Absorption and emission spectra of Eu3+ doped Fluoroborate Glasses.Ferroelectric Letters Section 18 (1994) 141.
- Absorption and emission spectra of Eu3+ doped Fluoroborate Glasses.Materials Research Bulletin 29 (1994) 1263.
- Lasing Transition (4F3/2 -> 4F11/2 at 1.06 um) lifetimes and non-linearity characteristics of Nd3+ doped Chalcogenide Glasses.J. Alloys and Compounds 224 (1995) 97.
- Absorption and emission spectra of Ho3+ doped Fluoroborate Glasses.Physics and Chemistry of Glasses 37 (1996) 41.
- A comparative study of D.C. conductivities for certain Eu3+ : Fluoroborate Glasses. Ferroelectric Letters Section 20 (1996) 59.
- Fluorescence spectra of Dy3+ & Ho3+ doped dual lanthanide oxychloride powder phosphors. Spectrochimica Acta 52 (1996) 367.
- Fluorescence spectra of Sm3+ doped dual lanthanide oxychloride powder phosphors. Material Letters 27 (1996) 367.
- Fluorescence spectra of Eu3+ & Tb3+ doped lanthanide Na6Ln(BO3) (Ln = La,Gd,Y) phosphors. Spectroscopy Letters 29 (1996) 833.
- Spectroscopic properties of Ho3+ : lithium chloroborate GlassesAsian Journal of Physics 11(2) (2002)191-198.
- A general paper on Basic Sciences and Engineering education in India: The Inseparable Duo University News (New Delhi, India) July 25-31, 2005.
- Non - Radiative energy transfer of Tb3+ Eu3+ in sodium Fluoroborate Glass International Journal of Engineering Science& Research & Technology(IJESRT) 2(10) October 2013, 2676-2679
- Participated in the AICTE sponsored National Seminar on Advances in Biomaterials for Medical Applications(ABMA-2014) Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering at RVR&JC College of Engineering, Guntur during March 14-15, 2014.
- Participated in the DST Sponsored seminar on Nano materials: Chemical industry organised by Department of Chemical Engineering, RVR & JC College of Engineering, Guntur during 16-17th September 2013.
- Participated in the AICTE Sponsored workshop on Futuristic trends of Nanocomposites and their fabrication (FTNCF-2013) organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, RVR & JC College of Engineering, Guntur during 6-7th September 2013.
- Participated in the workshop on Nanomaterials and thin films organized by Department of Physics, NIT, Tirchy during 8-9th March 2013.
- Participated in the Summer school on Advances in Engineering Physics at NITK, Surathkal during 6 - 11th July 2009.
- Participated in the AICTE QIP short term course on Measurement of laser sensing and their applications conducted by IIT, Chennai from 14 - 19th July 2008.
- Participated in the QIP short term course on Functional Nano materials : Science & Technology conducted by IIT, Roorkee from 3 -7th February 2007.
- Participated in the QIP short term course on Optoelectronics conducted by IIT, Guwahati from 5 - 10th July 2004.
- Participated in UGC Sponsored Physics Refresher Course on Ultrafast Lasers and Their Applications organized by IIT, Chennai from 18-30th January 2002.
- Participated in the QIP short term course on Scientific Instrumentation conducted by RSIC, IIT, Chennai from 6 - 10th December 1999.
- Participated in the QIP Winter School on Silicon as Optoelectronic material organised by IIT, Kharagpur from 4-8th January1999.
- Participated AICTE Induction Training Programme conducted by Academic Staff College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh from 8-28th May 1998.
- Attended the workshop on ISO 9000 organised by SRKR Engineering College, Bhimavaram on 14th December 1996.
- Participated in the workshop on 'Fundamentals of Photosciences : Applications to basic research' organised by Indian Photobiology Society, Jadvapur University, Calcutta during October 7-12th 1996.